Graphic Facilitation consists in applying visual thinking during meetings and any group discussions that are generating ideas and taking decisions. It dramatically boosts collective intelligence.
How does it work ?
As the group discussion is progressing, a designated graphic recorder captures what is going on in the room (ideas and emotions) with drawings and key words. The outcome is one or several large size – paper pannels that can be easily digitalized and instantly shared.
It can also be used to prepare visual templates which will support traditional group facilitation or to prepare a presentation (visual summary of key findings).
What are the benefits ?
- Stimulates group memory
- Motivates and engages participants
- Clarifies what is said in the room. For the speaker AND the audience
- Helps the group stay focused on key points. Simplifies complex items and boosts collective thinking
- Allows fast and clear communication to those not present => a universal language
So why is it growing ?
- Overload of information
- Matrix organizations developing
- Collaborative work becoming a “must”
- Face paced decision and collaborative flows
- Digital revolution (instant sharing to many)
- Spectacular rise of neuroscience => we are all visual thinkers